PPG pilot dies whilst spiralling in centurion

All general Paragliding and Paramotor related

PPG pilot dies whilst spiralling in centurion

Postby PieterD » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:43 am

hi all i read on news24 this morning that there have been two fatalities in the sport in the last 6 weeks. one was a pilot who was being trained how to spiral by riaan struwig and fell to his death, and the other one is an incident with ronnie beukes at hartbeespoort this weekend. apparently the instructor on duty who apparently holds a master instructors license should have told the student to land due to enormous winds which were predicted by weather earlier on and even the cable car company adhered. this was apparently the cause for the death of the paraglider as he was caught in rotor and fell to his death

wats being done about this?
PieterD
Flying Solo

Re: PPG pilot dies whilst spiralling in centurion

Postby Turbo » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:42 am

this is a tragedy man! what is can doing about this matter?? surely someone must one investigating this and putting pressure on the authorities?
Turbo
Flying Solo

Postby Johanrademeyer » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:45 am

I read in the local newspapers in hartees that another pilot died under ronnie beukes supervision and at ronnie's fly field. speculation and controversy surrounding this because of ronnies previous shady history.....

i hope someone does due diligence here and brings to book whomever is responsible if anyone. another tragedy and loss of life and still nothing changes to prevent such things from occurring - not good for this sport!
Johanrademeyer
Noob

Postby Turbo » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:54 pm

johan i agree its very sad!!!

people lives have to be lost and still nothing being done to make the sport safer. Ronnie beukes history and reputation speaks for itself. In my opinion ronnie should be doing explaining to the parent alive and family left behind - specially as to how such a young pilot has suffered such loss whilst under his supervision!

In fact all instructors are responsible for their pilots (licensed or not) from a moral and social responsibility to all who fly at their fields -
Turbo
Flying Solo

Return to General Discussion