Second GoFly magazine release date??

South Africa's one and only PG and PPG magazine

Second GoFly magazine release date??

Postby Turbo » Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:14 pm

Hi all,

The new GoFly mag has been sent to print, cannot wait for the release.

Tracey, please could you confirm when this will be?
Turbo
Flying Solo

Re: Second GoFly magazine release date??

Postby GoFly Magazine » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:03 am

Hello Turbo,

Finally made it onto the print press on Monday. Thanks to Flyerz and Keith Wood.
It should be delivered to the SAHPA office for postage at the end of the week. Suppose its safe to say you can start to check you post boxes from mid July onwards.

If you fly a paramotor you should - by law, be registered with SAHPA and receive the magazine as part of your membership. Please send Louise at SAHPA an email to check your membership status as as well as verify your postal address. office at sahpa dot co dot za (anti-spam- sorry no link from here)

Please remember to send YOUR paramotor experience to us for the next edition due out in November.
GoFly Magazine
Noob

Postby Turbo » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:18 am

sounds good thanks a lot Tracey!!

I will follow up my registration with SAHPA today -- i wouldn't be surprised if our old instructor neglected to complete the registration - wouldn't be the first time.

Anyways - we can't wait to see the new mag -- and Bolt, Fatboy, Adrian, Hendrik, and Eben all have some excellent footage for you to see - check out our youtube channel for some of the vids https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYNG3l3J4QA this is the latest from the Funduro where Bolterauer and TurboDirect were platinum sponsors for the event, and gave away R5000.00 cash prizes and had a 50SQ Meter tent with all our products on display.

We flew over the race track from a distance doing some film work for the organisers, which Terence and I have to still download and edit, but this will be a nice video which will be uploaded soon.

We will send you a lot of pics from Dunnotah and funduro and other events which we going to organise within the next few weeks/months in time for the next magazine run.
Turbo
Flying Solo

Postby GoFly Magazine » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:33 am

AWESOME!! thanks. The footage is great and I look forward to the story in written format.

....and that goes for everyone else on this forum please - if you can string a sentence together - English or Afrikaans - please send your flying story in!

For November issue we are looking for a PHOTO-Story (see existing for concept) basically its pictures from a very beautiful part of South Africa that tell the flying story. So plan your trip now to an exotic South African destination and take plenty pictures

:D
GoFly Magazine
Noob

Postby lowflya » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:47 pm

Please excuse this rather naive question ..... BUT why is this magazine only available to members of SAHPA .... how else are you going to stir up enthusiasm amongst us "lurkers" (Not yet but potential members) if we are not able to see the evidence of "All the FUN" that is being had by all the "Privilaged" members. Surely people like Turbo and Hendrik could have your overrun copies to either "Dish out" or sell at a nominal price to cover costs .....
lowflya
Noob

Postby Turbo » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:44 pm

Hey Lowflya

Personally i believe that the industry is too small, and not enough advertisers to pay for the magazine, aswell as minimum required prints, and then distribution of it to the major outlets ontop of it. I could be wrong, but I'm sure Tracey (gofly magazine) will respond with facts - i will most definitely make a point of getting a few extra copies to hand out at the events and training on the field.

just a question off topic here, have you participated in the sport as yet?
Turbo
Flying Solo

Postby PieterD » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:43 am

when is the new magazine coming out? surely there must be enough interest in this country for a monthly magazine??
PieterD
Flying Solo

Postby Turbo » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:47 am

Hi all,

Spoke with Tracey, the next issue comes out end of this month. We happy to announce we will have 10 pages in the magazine, and will be running huge specials on the PPG and new Paragliding equipment we have secured agencies for in France at the Coupe Icare.

Look out for this coming out soon.
Turbo
Flying Solo

Postby PieterD » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:10 am

I hear the next GOFLY magazine is being released... When can we expect this?

Tracey???
PieterD
Flying Solo

Return to GOFLY Magazine